Rover Explorer Scouts Association

Traditional & Quality Rover Scouting

National Scouting Organization (Local) against the Traditional Scouting

our National Scouting Org. in a local level is against our unit the P-RESA SILOY even though we are openly doing our activities not connected to the National Org. 

we inform that the P-RESA is a Voluntary and non-Member of WOSM and the Nat. Scout Org. in our country 

my Scout members were being offered by anything by the local council just to stop participating in P-RESA.

my question is this... I the P-RESA became a threat to their Scouting Program or it is P-RESA has a better Program than the NSO Local level? 

what in the world why the offer my co-members to stop participating the traditional Scouting? 

do the want that my co-members be in their unit so that they will have the ideas of our Scouting program?

or simply because the Leadership of the P-RES is better than their corrupt and Untrained leaders under their Scouting program,,

the P-RESA Siloy dont have any support yet we have lot of activities,

the P-RESA Siloy dont have the Department of Education and the Finance of the Local Government yet we have a Community based Scouting outreach activities .

"it is not the problem of why P-RESA Siloy Leaders has the better Program than their, it is their Leader of the NSO doing nothing for the benefits of the Boys(Scouts)"

We Volunteer share our skills and abilities for free , but they NSO is doing this for Civil Service accreditation and of their own personal agenda and wages...

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Dear Brother,

This is a problem around the world - WOSM do not like competition.

I suppose one needs to take a stand for one of the other ... 

I know this will be hard, but if the families, who's youngsters are your mebers are willing ot support you you should be ok and be doing the Traditional way.

We can and do supply badges as we produce our own.

The cost is minimal as you only purchase what you need to use ..

Let me know what ideas you have to combat this issue with the local association Ok 

Hope and pray all will go well

Good scouting to you all..

Ray 

P-RESA

The UK Scout Association certainly does not like any challenge to its authority: they reported me to the police for disobeying a commissioner's order cancelling my appointment!  Fortunately the police decided it was nothing to do with them.

I now want to discover the other alternative scouting organisations and I believe there are several but not always easy to find.

Yours in Scouting

Kingsley Leigh

Hi Kingsley,

WOSM - Scout Association have no power or choice in the matter of independent scouting associations.

There a couple of Scouting Associations that are worth their salt

• The Baden Powell Scouts Association (BPSA)

• Baden Powell Scouts (BPS)

• The W- British Boy Scouts (WBBS)

• The Federation of Independent Scouts (FIS)

• The Pathfinder & Rover Explorer Scouts Association(P-RESA)

• The Rover Explorer Scouts Association (RSA)

There is no worry (WOSM- Scout Association) as they have no power over independent scouting and certainly not over those mentioned above.

As to how many scouting associations available, it depends which country you are living in as to which are available in the Germany alone there are over 30 differing a scouting bodies from the fadfinder to the Explorers.

I believe that you are living in the Philippines? We as an Association have members from both associations in the Philippines – (a) Baden Powell Scouts (BPS) (b) (The Pathfinder & Rover Explorer Scouts Association(P-RESA)

If you get stuck, let me know I am sure I can point them / direct you to them.

Yours in Scouting

Ray

Hello Ray,

Thanks for this information.  I am based in Stoke-on-Trent, England.  I am discovering there are many more independent scout groups than I first imagined.  I am trying to start a new independent group, it has been very slow to get going but I will keep trying.  I would like to meet up with similar groups in the area and I have talked to the BPSA and British Boy Scouts and British Girl Scouts Association and gained useful info.

What annoys me about TSA is their arrogant and dictatorial manner.  They give the impression that you must have their permission to run scouting and they charge a heck of a lot of money for the privilege!!

I don't think many people, including most Scouters are aware of independent scouting.

Yours in Scouting

Kingsley

Hi Kingsley,

I would suggest that you set up your own association – it is quite legal.

I enclose a picture of the badges that are available for all independent associations – I can also help with other things like booklets/ print outs uniform bits etc.

ALREADY SUPPLY:

• Baden Powell Scouts (BPS)

• The W- British Boy Scouts (WBBS) (International)

• The Pathfinder & Rover Explorer Scouts Association(P-RESA) ( International)

• The Rover Explorer Scouts Association (RSA) (International)

• The Adventures (three groups)

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Attachments:

Hi Kingsley,

More  Scouts Section

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Hi Kingsley,

More  Scouts Section - Info- Booklet cover and index ..

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Hi Kingsley,

More  Scouts Section

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Attachments:

Hi Kingsley,

I hope this is not coming across as too forward – Just in case you wish to just set up and grow your own Scouting Body /Group

We ca and do supply all sections:

1. Beavers – Badges & Work Sheet / Record card

2. Wolf Cubs – Badges & Work Sheet / Record card (Booklet)

3. Scouts – Badges & Work Sheet / Record card (Booklets)

4. Senior Scouts – Badges & Work Sheet / Record card

5. Rover Scouts – Badges & Work Sheet / Record card (Booklet)

6. Leaders – Badges -Wood Badge Training (Booklet)

A list of booklets:

The Progressive Award System

Building Blocks of the Patrol System

PL's & Seconds Training

I /We attach a price sheet for the badges:

You may purchase as few or as many as you wish – We can also produce badges to your design any one you like to have made send us a picture / drawing and colour base and I will send you a sample picture and a price ..

I /We work at keeping prices low ..

If I /We can be of any further assistance, please let us know ..

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Attachments:

Hi Kingsley,

If I /We can be of any further assistance, please let us know ..

Direct Contact:

roverscouts.ihq@gmail.com  .. 

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Hello Ray,

Thanks for all this information, it looks very helpful.

I am considering options at the moment and looking to see what demand there may be in my local area.  I have already tried one local village with only limited success but I will keep trying.  There are many disadvantaged youngsters who would benefit from Scouting but I have got to find a way to fund it - that is perhaps my biggest hurdle at the moment although I have identified some sources of funds.

Are you able to supply uniforms and hats?  If not do you know where I can buy them from.

Yours in Scouting

Kingsley

Hi Kingsley,

We can supply Uniforms if you need – They are quite expensive.

Ref: The cost of things – I agree that this will a high price.

That is why we have a system which allows any scouting body the wishes to use the badges we provide even if the purchase is one or two badges at a time.

If you do not have a Tenderfoot / Membership badge we can let you use ours or if you do wish for 'YOUR' own design we can have them made at a very low/ reasonable price (Usually 50pc. per order)

I also have a system whereby you may order badges for the first 12 months on a never, never scale at set prices – To help you in finding funds – so as not to restrict your funding of other necessary stuffs for the Group / Troop.

As for being with a scouting body – I do have contact with one or two the would be a recommendation ..

Let me know and I will pass on your details to them and if they are happy I will pass their address s to you OK -

Yours in Scouting

Ray

YiTiS

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ray O'Donnell-Hampton.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service